Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekends

One of the best parts about my job is the weekend. That's because I don't do work on the weekend. It's pretty glorious. I gave up summer, but in return, I got evenings and weekends. I'm still getting used to it, I admit, which sometimes leaves me at loose ends. But I'm getting better at it. :)

This weekend? All MHC, all the time. I saw 6 MHC alums in less than 24 hours, in 3 different social situations: a party to celebrate the adoption of a classmate's child, coffee this morning, then brunch today. I'm counting down to Reunion, excited about the fun that will be had by my classmates who can make it. Those who aren't able to come will miss lots of fun, but I know that they'll be there in spirit. Need to figure out how to get more stuff online so that lots of people can participate virtually.

Much love for "North by Northwest" -- a true mid-century movie. Google would have cleared up the whole "mistaken identity" conceit quickly & that fun on the train? Never would have happened. Also digging "Ocean's 13" tonight. It's been a while since I saw that movie in the theater.

No comments: