Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lost in the Shuffle

Thinking today about what happens when things get lost in the shuffle, proverbial or actual. How information can get missed and become either tragic or funny when the truth comes out later.

A friend of mine somehow missed the fact that my brothers are twins. How? I have no idea. As another friend put it, "Um, that's the thing to know about your brothers." I guess when your friends haven't actually met your siblings in person, it would be difficult to miss. On the other hand, I feel like I always talk about them as a unit. Perhaps that's just how it seems to me, since clearly it was a fact that was missed. How did this missed piece of information come out? I showed him a picture of the two of them from M's wedding this summer. His response? "Wow, they look... a lot alike!." "Um, because they're twins?" "No, really?!?"

That's just one example, of the funny variety. We'll see if I can come up with a tragic example, though I'm sure I've posted about one before.

On another note, I'll be happy when my birthday's over in 43 days.

No comments: