Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weird Weekend, Lovely Day

These weekends during the summer have been strange. Really, the whole summer has been strange. It's weird to have time with absolutely nothing to do -- usually I spend a chunk of the summer planning or preparing for the following school year, but this summer there's none of that. I don't even know what I'm teaching at the next job! So it means that I end up with some days that I absolutely don't know what to do with myself. The packing is nearly done for the move -- I'll finish it after I come home from the family reunion in NH, so there's no big rush on it right now. Yesterday I found myself completely at loose ends with no interest in doing anything, not reading, not knitting, not watching TV, not playing around on the internet. I ended up wasting pretty much the whole day and not even in a satisfactory way.

On the other hand, today was a lovely day. I met a college friend in DC for brunch, did an errand for another college friend, and poked around the Portrait Gallery/American Art Museum. I saw an exhibit on art from the New Deal, which I enjoyed very much. It's sticky outside today, which is not so nice, but it's the first really summer-y weather that we've had so far.

Am trying this: "How to Fix Bad Ankles" & think I'd like to take a yoga class this fall when I have some time and am close to a studio.

No comments: