Monday, July 6, 2009

I like to ride rollercoasters!

And clearly, this job search is another example of a rollercoaster, for sure. I didn't get the job in the midwest. I am applying for several more though, never fear. The new applications bring the total number of jobs applied for up to... 35. Yes, 35 jobs.

I have my last interview tomorrow with a for-profit "virtual education" company. I'm not totally convinced that I want the job, but then I think, hey, health insurance. And hey, it doesn't have to be forever. And the fact that there's no planning (canned curriculum) means that I'll be considerably free-er on evenings and weekends than I have been at prior teaching jobs. Of course, I'm also going to spend my days in a cubicle (or office)... Could be interesting.

I had to make a jaunt to the office supply store tonight to buy a new ink cartridge for my printer. I bought it, but have a few observations to make about the process:
- a new color & black cartridge together from the printer brand cost about $58
- a new color & black cartridge together from the office supply store brand cost $50
- a discontinued model of printer, new, cost $58

- Why does recycled paper cost more than non? Aren't old trees cheaper than new trees?

No comments: