Friday, July 10, 2009

Hallelujah!

After nearly 4 months and 35 job applications, I have been offered a new job. Thank goodness. I'm not dumb, so I took it. Nicest things about the offer? It pays more than the previous job and I don't actually have to move all that far -- I get to stay in Maryland. I'll be doing Social Studies instruction for an online high school run by a for-profit company. Very different from what I've been up to for the past 5 years, but could be interesting. Most of all, it's a job, with benefits and a salary and I can afford to live and pay my car payment and my student loans. It's still in my field and if I hate it, I don't have to stay forever.

1 comment:

MC said...

YAY! Congratulations...do you get to work from home since it's all on-line instruction? I hope you love it!