Friday, October 23, 2009

Crazy Week

What should have been a normal kind of workweek got sillier by the day. Tuesday, you know about. Wednesday went like this: now that I am a corporate warrior, I work in an office with office culture. Part of our office culture is apparently this: there are contests at Halloween. Apparently, one of the Florida offices goes ALL OUT. Each office has two contests: cubicle decoration and costume. I am so not into the costume concept, but I have come up with an excellent idea for decorating my cube. I shall be sure to take pictures and post them, fear not.

Thursday was a normal sort of day at work other than the parent conference from hell, then I got to have dinner with a high school friend who was in town for business. Much fun.

Last night I suffered from a bout of insomnia and was awake between 3 and 4:30 in the morning. Which then led to oversleeping this morning, getting up 45 min late, but only getting to work 5 min late. Thank goodness I can turn on the speed if need be. To balance out the parent conference from yesterday, there was an excellent 1/2 hour IM conversation with a student in one of my AP US History sections about section differences that emerged during the Era of Good Feelings. I wear my history teacher dork label proudly, thank you very much.

Here's to a good night's sleep tonight, followed by a few fun activities over the weekend. Who doesn't like the silly?

No comments: