Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It Begins Again

It's here, the beginning of the school year. Classes at my school don't begin until September 2, but the meetings have commenced. Yesterday, one scheduled and two informal, today and tomorrow spent with the freshmen, and meetings on Friday too. On some level, it's hard to have it begin this early and on another, at least spending this time together with the kids is some preparation for the school year that awaits. I know I'll be pretty tired that first week.

I have faith that it's going to be a good year this year. I'm focusing on my circle of influence (the things I am concerned about AND have the power to change) and trying to let go of things in my circle of concern (the things I don't have the power to change). I think the more I can get those two to line up this year, the better I'll feel about it.

No comments: