Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Roundup

Crap week at work. However, since I am working on not being defined by my job, I shall skip talking about that.

Weekend roundup:
- Massive cleanup of the kitchen on Friday. It was a scary place.
- Saturday errands to the post office, Target, and the supermarket. I didn't go to Trader Joe's like I usually do -- there is the occasional item that TJ's doesn't have. I needed phyllo dough for Thanksgiving-esque projects.
- Went to the bookstore on Saturday night and devoured almost half a book in the store. Needless to say, I bought it: The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry by Kathleen Flinn. Then I finished it this morning when I got up. Beautiful, clear writing, lovely story. (Reviewers, apparently, did not care much for the book. I liked it.)
- This morning, I went to TJ's for the week's groceries. I decided to make lasagna for this week's lunches/dinners. However, they didn't have any lasagna noodles. I bought a pound of long, flat noodles instead. They made a pretty good dish, though it didn't quite stick together in the same way that lasagna is supposed to and there was a tad too much water in the dish at the end of the cooking time, probably as a result of the fact that the noodles were pre-cooked instead of "no boil."

The weather here is beautiful, after several days of rain. Sunny, bright, clear, 70 degrees. Windows open. Fresh air.

Nearly finished with a pair of wool mittens, which seem at odds with this beautiful day.

No comments: