Monday, November 23, 2009

A Rant About Pants

Pants are difficult for me to buy. I have hips and a waist, you know, like a woman. (Duh.) Though the time of the extremely low-rise seems to be coming to an end, I still find it difficult to find pants that a) come up high enough on my hips, b) are long enough -- 'cause I'm tall, and c) have a hip to waist ratio that fits my body. So, here's my thing:

Why, oh why, can they not sell women's pants the way that they sell men's pants? Men's pants are sold by waist and inseam. Women's pants are sold in arbitrary sizes that differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. If they would tell me things about the measurements of the waist, inseam, hip, and rise, I would have a much better idea about which size would be mine.

All of which is to say that I bought two pairs of pants this weekend at Old Navy, which are men's pants. They fit ok, other than having no waist (since men do not have hips/waists like women).

Anywho... Happy Thanksgiving to you!

No comments: