Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day With Kids

And oh, did I cry. I managed to hold off until the end of the day, when the kids were saying goodbye. One of my favorites was doing our special handshake and then he hugged me and then I started to cry. Then I cried some more when a woman I work with was all, "So, glad to be leaving?" Um, no, I'm not. I didn't want to leave. I don't want to leave these kids. I'm going to miss them, a lot.

I'm sort of exhausted and sick of crying. Have to go back tomorrow to finish grading exams, enter all of the data into the computer system. My classroom is all picked up, fortunately, just have to move boxes to my car. Perhaps tomorrow it will be less humid and I will be more likely to do so. Regardless, they will have to be moved tomorrow.

If no new job by the middle of July, I shall be moving to NH. There's a plan.

No comments: