Monday, June 15, 2009

Good Friends are... Good

To put it mildly, who doesn't need a group of great friends? Most of my great friends these days are drawn from the Mount Holyoke circle, whether we were actually great friends at school or are great friends since graduation. We are pulled into each others' lives in a way I would have thought impossible outside the dorms if it were not for Facebook: if they are compulsive or even occasional status updaters, I know much about the day-to-day rhythms of their lives. This one is a stay-at-home mom & small business owner, that one is a college professor & recipe fiend, another is a chiropractic student & gardener. They have formed such a support system, being involved from afar in the nitty-gritty of my day-to-day, cheering me on when I need it and reminding me that things work out ok most of the time. I hope that I can repay them when they need me.

One particular friend, who lives much closer and whom I see much more often than the rest of the crew, took me to an Indigo Girls concert last week. She wrote about it much more eloquantly than I could, so let me just link you there. Know that she hit the nail on the head about getting lost in the music and what that meant. Also about falling in love with Matt Nathanson.

No comments: