Sunday, June 1, 2008

Roundup

So, we are back to regular-type posting, post cancer-scare and associated self-absorbed state. Phew.

First up, the election. I majored in Women's Studies, went to a women's college, agonized over whom to vote for in my state's primary. I think the idea of a woman in the White House is excellent. And quite frankly, I'm shocked that I saw both a woman and a person of color running with good chances of the nomination in question. However, it's time for Senator Clinton to give it up. She's too far behind. Women will get to the White House, to the presidency. This year is not the year.

Second, the end of school is within sight. 9 days left and I'm so incredibly excited. Or I would be if I wasn't so tired. Not that I know what I'm doing with the freshmen during the last 3-4 days, but eh. I have 4 days to figure it out.

Third, the NYT (you knew it was coming, right?) had a feature today on 31 Places to Go This Summer. New Hampshire is #2, the Chesapeake Bay is #10, the San Juan Islands are #14, and the Pacific Northwest is #27. One that I really, really, really want to do at some point (perhaps next summer if there isn't an alumnae choral tour) is #15, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Who wants to go with?

No comments: