Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Surgery Recap

So, I had two lymph nodes removed from my neck yesterday. Recovery from anesthesia took a very long time, no big surprise there. My surgery finished at about noon, but I slept with no knowledge of anything for at least two hours after that, and then it took me another almost three to leave the hospital. Everyone at Johns Hopkins was awesomely nice and competent. No one spoke to me like I was an idiot incapable of understanding everything. And, my anesthesiologist was Superman. No, really: his name was Christopher Reeves.

Pathology will hopefully be back in 3-5 days and I'll hopefully feel well enough by this afternoon (i.e. not exhausted still) to want to go back to work tomorrow. It's not like there's a lot to do, what with the freshmen being out and all, but just the same. My incision has been sealed up with tissue glue, which means that there are no stitches, but it sort of looks like I got in a knife fight or was an extra in a slasher film.

I bring the funny.

No comments: