Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Promises

I promise to get better again at posting on this blog. (Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say...)

I am thoroughly enjoying both my new job and new living situation. How could life be bad when the commute was cut down from an hour and fifteen minutes to just over 10? A week and a half after moving in, my bedroom is sane, though my other room, "office," is not. It will get there, with some dedicated time. I am pleased that I live closer to fun things to do, like the movies and a bookstore, plus to one of my best friends from college. She and I went to IKEA so that I could get some more bookshelves since one third of my books cannot reside at school anymore. Then we went to see the new Harry Potter movie in IMAX, very exciting & 3-D for the first 20 minutes. After that, I have no idea if it was any better, but those 20 minutes were worth the extra $4 to see the movie. Inspired, I have begun to reread the series.

Some quotes for you from What Now? by Ann Patchett:
"There are too many forces, as deep and invisible as tides, that keep us bouncing into places where we never thought we'd wind up."

"Just because things hadn't gone the way I planned didn't necessarily mean they had gone wrong. ... The secret is finding the balance between going out to get what you want and being open to the thing that actually winds up coming your way."

No comments: